Blog

Perpetual Trade Deficits and COVID: Or, Why You Can’t Find Yellow Pillows Anywhere

Regular readers know TRH deals with logistics and financial matters every day. But always local and ultra-micro. Perpetual trade deficit and implications from COVID are global and complicated issues. This…

Read More
What you want, what you really really want

What We Want, What We Really, Really Want

Our spaces are personal, and in these minimalist days, what we choose to surround ourselves with matters. 40 years in the people/space/stuff business, I know what we want, what we…

Read More
Consults for a Cause September 2021: Drug Crisis in Oour Backyard

Consults for a Cause September 2021: Drug Crisis in Our Backyard

Addiction has a ripple effect. Beyond those using, it touches those who love them, depend on them, live or work with them. Two things are a certainty: It doesn’t discriminate,…

Read More
The Refreshed Home Conservatory AFTER

Color 101

If you live in the northeast, chances are good you spent a bunch of time this weekend checking out Henri with graphics that looked like this. Meteorologists rely on color…

Read More

UPDATED: Donating and Thrifting in Westchester County

Many of us enjoy the yin-yang of donating and thrifting. Clearing out some things, supporting a good cause, acquiring new treasures, usually for a pretty good price-it’s green and economical. …

Read More
What to Expect from a Pre Listing Consult

What to Expect From Pre-Listing Consults

Working with a home staging professional might seem foreign or frivolous, especially if you’re a DIY-er at heart.  But good news, no-strings-attached, pre-listing consults has been a business model that’s…

Read More

Some of My Best Friends Are Analogies

Good communication isn’t about quantity, volume, or fancy words. It’s knowing how to have a point or idea resonate and be memorable. And sometimes it’s about finding kinder ways to…

Read More

Consults for a Cause August 2021: IFCA

Bettering lives by bettering spaces is as close to my heart as my hometown of Ossining.  IFCA being August’s Consults for a Cause designated charity was an easy choice. The…

Read More

Then and Now: Design Trends We Can All Get Behind

Design fads and design trends may sound mysterious and arbitrary but are rooted in realities. Both signal our innate desire for change, for something new, and both reflect some element…

Read More

Lessons From the Supermarket

Searching for ways to explain and clarify what I do is always top of mind; making connections between familiar but disparate elements (of any type) has become sort of a…

Read More

Marie approaches her recommendations with a down-to-earth sensibility and is also a lot of fun! I have a new friend.

– Susan Sachs, Chappaqua

After Marie staged our house, we had second thoughts about leaving. Couldn't believe we live here.

– Paula and Roger, Hastings-on-Hudson

I don’t always like deferring to experts, but my investment was paid back approximately 20:1.

– Thor Mann, Croton-on-Hudson

Marie has a skill set that is professional and gentle. She removes a homeowner's stress and feeling of being overwhelmed.

– Bonnie Stein, Julia B Fee, Rye

Marie was very easy to work with. I wish we had used her expertise years ago!

– Barry Zelin, Ardsley

Marie Graham gets 5 stars from us! She was spot on in knowing exactly how our house should look for the photographs and the showings.

– Charlotte and Hal, Ardsley

Marie helped us with both selling our old home and decorating our new home. She recommends practical items of good value and is so committed to the details.

– Sandy McCormick Sleepy Hollow

I'm very thankful for Marie's excellent suggestions, from paint colors to floor finishes. We had 3 offers and sold above the asking price!

– George Casale, Bronxville

Marie is the color whisperer. We wanted totally new colors, and now our home is colorful, energizing and harmonious. Our friends comment on how welcoming and warm it is.

– Lesa Rader

She is smart, funny, engaging, with a great eye and creative ideas that we’ve implemented ourselves. I highly recommend her!

– Nan F., White Plains

She’s through and goes throught your home without judgment, providing recommendations with absolutely no pressure.

– Karen Dreher, New Rochelle