Last of the series on getting your Bronxville coop noticed and SOLD!
Look at your colors Walls are your biggest surface area, followed by floors, then bed coverings. White walls are the kiss of death in listing photos, period. Wallpaper is almost as bad, closely followed by pastels.
A fresh coat of neutral-colored paint, over walls in good repair makes your space, and all its details really stand out. TRH likes BM’s Historical and Affinity colors in particular. Never harsh or hard, they have depth and nuance, perfect for older buildings.
Cooler neutrals, particularly the grey tones tones are hot now, but be careful, as they can ‘turn’ on you, reading green, gold or even lavender, depending on the light, what else they’re shown with and their undertone. A one-hour color consult with The Refreshed Home can save you from time in the paint store, sample-painted walls and remorse if you guess wrong.
Listen to your Realtor. Look, all the Staging in the world will not sell an overpriced property. Yes, even if it’s in Bronxville. AND a listing price is just a number on a piece of paper. It’s serious business, but you’re not bound to that number. Every days properties sell for over list, as well as less than list.
“Just trying” a higher number is NEVER a good strategy for a serious seller. The market is bigger than any of us, and value is in the eye of the beholder. Your listing has 30 days to be considered fresh and interesting, after that, it’s stale; buyers wonder what’s wrong with it that no one else chose it.
- Insisting on a number you want, feel you deserve, or think it should be is setting the stage for an arduous path, just look at the DOM and pricing histories of other Bronxville coops. Pricing in this market is both art and science, listen to your Realtor.
- If you keeping hearing the number you need is just untenable, with all due respect, perhaps it’s just not time for you to sell. The internet has done a lot to level the playing field, but you still want someone smarter than you to represent your best interests. Speaking frankly, the better agents will just pass on taking an unrealistic listing.
- Fearful of going too low? “Bidding wars” and “highest and best” have a nice ring to them, don’t you think?
Talk with ME!
The Refreshed Home specializes in putting tools in your hands, so you can make good plans and wise decisions, then get on with your life. While ALWAYS welcoming of questions and conversation with curious and interested individuals, TRH leads Home Staging workshops and seminars throughout Westchester County, on a regular basis.
Am very pleased to announce I have been invited back to 4 locations so far this quarter:
- Saturday January 10th 1:30-3:00pm @ Mt. Kisco Public Library FREE
- Wednesday February 25th 7:00-8:30pm @ John C. Hart Memorial Library in Yorktown/Shrub Oak FREE
- Thursday February 26th 7:00-8:30pm @ Warner Library in Tarrytown FREE
- Wednesday March 11th 7:00-9pm @ Bronxville Adult School (Spring brochure) $30.00, to support BAS
These are confirmed dates, but at this writing not all have been published. All are open to the public, but please do the kind thing and register with each venue, so we all can plan. Hope to see you there!