Good design and home staging understands, embraces, and enhances the heart of a property. Yet here in Westchester half the houses were built prior to 1960; that’s a lot of history, styles, and updates to be fluent in!
Because every property, and every property owner comes with a unique mix of circumstances and goals TRH works in 2 steps:
- Consults to troubleshoot, determine what’s do-able, set strategy and prioritize
- Specialized, post-consult services for what you need to complete your project
On-Demand Design is both our business model and philosophy: You choose, and get the help you want. Nothing more, and nothing less. Here are some of the most popular services:
Picking the right color doesn’t cost any more than picking the wrong color, but picking the wrong color can cost you plenty in time, money, and angst.
Beyond being able to project what something looks like in quantity based on a showroom sample, it’s vital to pick colors and materials that will flatter what is staying, will transition well (and in the right place).
From front door color to deck stain, tile, flooring, counter tops, upholstery or carpet updates – trust The Refreshed Home to guide you to your best choices on finishes, products and textiles.
Home-finder apps and smart phones put your listing in front of the world moments after it goes live. That’s the good news
The bad news? You’ve only got their attention for moments. If photos are not crisp, clear, engaging and easily readable on a 3″ phone screen it’s SWIPE! buyers are gone, on to the next listing. If you’re looking at other listings you know its true.
Photo prep and photo styling are variations on a theme.
- Photo prep usually a day before, or morning of photos. Often with agent and homeowner, in a few hours we go through the property together, clearing what we need to, re-positioning, tweaking and polishing along the way. Making the details pop: pillows are fluffed, blinds are even, seats are down, light bulbs all work.
- Photo styling does this, and more. Every property is different, but styling often involves some preliminary work like planting flowers, painting or changing out lighting fixtures, and procuring props to fill in and compliment the space.
Having time to plan also lets TRH line up memorable photos that capture the spirit of the property and touch the heart of the viewers…often using much of what the homeowner already has.
Styling a house for marketing and photography is a lot like fine cooking. Part of the process is art, and part is science. Marie has an eye for the details that have the greatest impact in photos, so walking into a house that she has prepared is like sitting down to eat at your favorite restaurant. You may not know what you are going to get, but you can be sure it will be wonderful. It’s always a pleasure to shoot for Marie’s clients!
Daniel Milstein Photography
Complicated project? Lots of moving parts, maybe you’re off-site, or just need a second set of eyes to walk it through with you?
TRH is your experienced design advocate. We work with you, your chosen contractors and resources to ensure smooth interface, adherence to budget, met deadlines and great results. Residential or commercial we
- Keep communications clear
- Provide creative vision and practical services
- Coordinate tasks and resources
You choose what you need, and how involved you want TRH to be; pricing based on time spent to complete project as requested.
Especially useful for
- Large or extended projects
- Builders and flippers who want to maximize their resources
- Off-site owners, family or executors
Online or on-site, solo or accompanied, count on The Refreshed Home to recommend sources, guide you through research and selection of products for your home, or staged property.
A registered trade professional in many local establishments, any available trade discounts are passed directly to the client.
Marie helped us choose the necessary pieces and recommended excellent service providers to get the work done. She did all of this without ever losing sight of our budget and time constraints. Marie’s taste is impeccable, and her work has transformed our home into exactly what we always wanted it to be. She did all of this with efficiency, grace, and always with a smile!
Kerry and Jeff Fine
Selling and moving is demanding. So many things to consider, so many more things to do.
Is your new space a different size or style? Maybe you’re not sure where your new space will be…or perhaps your tastes and needs have changed?
TRH helps you sort it all out! Working together we’ll target the goods and services you need to consider, and then seamlessly and comfortably get you out of one space and settled into another.
- Pre-move: We assess what you own, and how you feel about it. Help prioritize editing, decide what will move with you, and then plan where it’ll go.
- As another set of eyes on moving day, TRH makes sure things are packed and marked properly, then unpacked and placed in the right locations in your new space.
- We can complete the picture by placing your art and accessories in your new space, creating a shopping list for any needed fill-ins, and address other important finishing tasks.
Marie got us to focus on selling our home by seeing it as a house for prospective buyers to consider. We followed her instructions pretty well and had two offers at ask first weekend we were on the market. IN FEBRUARY! Marie’s advice helped us put our efforts only in areas that’d be important to the buyers.
She is a professional who knows her business and is a gem to work with, a total win – win! And now she’s on standby as we are considering a property in Greenwich which would be a renovation project. Kitchens, baths – the works! I will need her!
Katy and John Coppinger
Ossining, now Greenwich
Is your property
- Furnished, but dimly lit?
- Reading flat, or underwhelming?
- Vacant, with a vanilla kitchen and stark baths?
Or maybe you know you need something, but don’t know what… or have the time/interest to start shopping around?
For properties that need a bit of eye candy to make the listing photos resonate TRH maintains a warehouse full of carefully curated rental props. Basics to save time, the cool and unique to naturally fit into, and compliment what’s already there, without it looking like you just raided a Home Goods.
Need to show purpose and value in a vacant space? Have rooms that don’t reflect their intended purpose, like bedrooms that must continue to function as home offices? These plans are the affordable, viewer-friendly answer.
NOT virtual staging, and NOT overall measurements of an empty space: they are individual room plans, drawn and furnished to scale. And, when completed with property and agent contact info, they are framed, printed or in PDF format for distribution. Pricing commensurate with your space and need.
Over-scheduled, or in a remote location? Thrifty, or genuinely handy? An E-Consult could be just what you’re looking for.
We connect, interact and solve problems in real time via technology. Personal, effective and efficient, much can accomplished in even an hour.
- Far-flung group planning/strategy sessions
- Troubleshooting under-performing or expired listings
- Space planning or decor impasses
- Online shopping
- Anyone feeling they only need a little help, or are testing the waters of working with a design professional
Interested or curious? Let’s talk and see how this could work for you!
The Refreshed Home is an independent design consultancy, representing the best interests of our clients. We sell no product, and have no financial affiliation with any other business or service provider.
But-having worked so many years here in Westchester, you can be sure I know a lot of good people! As part of our relationship, clients always have full access to my roster of trusted trade professionals.
Need a WOW gift? Time with The Refreshed Home is fun and productive!
Gift Certificates offer a special, even unexpected, way to mark, and celebrate life’s new chapters
- Welcome friends, family, clients and business associates to a new home or office
- Celebrate a wedding, promotion or retirement
- Gift a friend who’s beige by default or finally ready to act upon deferred dreams
- Gracefully ease out of being a shopping partner!
TRH deals directly with decision makers, discussing general costs and budget during the initial consult, and refining it as we move forward.
When accurate, all-in numbers, rationale and options need to be considered long-distance, or by a number of parties written formal proposals are the answer.
Equal parts market expertise, design, research and math, TRH will craft and deliver as specific – or as succinct – a written proposal as requested. Perfect for boards, absentee owners, grown/distant adult children, attorneys, and heirs. Pricing commensurate with the property and client requirements.